oh my goodness, how is it the last day of june already? i feel like one-third of the summer just flew by right in front of my eyes. june was a busy whirlwind, but luckily we still have all of july and august to enjoy! at the start of each summer i always make a seasonal to-do list. it's helpful for days when we are looking for something fun to do. our list keeps growing each year as we find new things that we want to try, or as we add things that we loved and want to repeat. here are a few of the things on our summer list that we hope to do . . .
1. grow fresh herbs in our yard (we already have a head start with some basil from my parents)
2. pick fresh fruit at local farms (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
3. grill homemade pizza as often as possible
4. hike and bike in the nice weather
5. watch as many fireworks displays as possible
6. paint the outside of our back porch
7. try some new vegan popsicle recipes
8. take a day trip to visit a zoo
9. see a movie at the local drive-in movie theater
10. enjoy the local summer farmers markets, fairs, and carnivals in our area
what's on your summer list this year?