june is national adopt a cat month! if you are in the market for a pet, we highly recommend adopting/rescuing a cat from a shelter. there are so many amazing cats in need of a good home.
we adopted leko 5 1/2 years ago, and it was one of the best decisions we ever made. we love him beyond measure (even when he insists on waking us up 2 hours before our alarm clocks go off)! if you are thinking of adopting a cat, here are a few tips of things to think about . . .
1. assess your lifestyle, household, and budget before adopting
2. pick out a veterinarian before you adopt and schedule a vet visit right after you adopt
3. stock up on supplies and cat-proof your home before you bring your new cat home
4. know that all cats are different, so find a cat whose personality meshes with yours
5. introduce your cat to your environment/family/friends slowly