i used to love doing these bits of happiness lists here on the blog. it was a series i enjoyed because it reminded me to take a moment to pause and reflect on what was going right instead of focusing on what was going wrong, which is easy to do when things are a bit on the rough side. i can't believe it's been over two years since the last time i posted one. today i thought it was a good time to bring it back because of a bunch of craziness lately.
the countdown is on with my dance studio's recital just 9 days away (cue music). it's officially crunch time now as we finish choreography, make last minute adjustments to costumes and accessories, sell tickets, advertise like crazy, and finalize the programs before they go to print. it's both exciting and exhausting, but i'm doing my very best to stay positive. so, here are ten things currently making me happy:
10. finishing a huge project at our house and being beyond happy with the end result
9. rediscovering rice krispies cereal
8. finding new buds on my orchid plant in my office at work (so glad i didn't kill it)
7. watching the veggies and herbs grow in our new raised garden bed in our back yard
6. eating the leftovers for lunch each day of the very best vegan vegetable soup that i made
5. discovering the show first time flippers (omg, ryan and i laugh our rear ends off at those people)
4. collaborating with a former student turned friend on a fun choreography project
3. seeing all of my dance costumes lined up on my garment rack ready for the recital
2. getting excited for a tv appearance next week to promote our recital (more on that soon!)
1. the fact that leko has not woken us up before our alarm clocks for a few days in a row now!!!