in the winter . . .
- we celebrated my birthday.
- i passed my qualifying exam for the doctoral program.
- i successfully defended my paper.
in the spring . . .
- we attended ryan's high-school friend's wedding.
- we sadly said goodbye to ryan's grandfather.
- we both started new positions at work.
- i finished all of my doctoral classes!
in the summer . . .
- i drove to boston for a research conference at harvard medical college.
- we bought a temporary pool for our back yard.
- we marked the milestone of owning our first home for one year.
- we celebrated ryan's grandmother's 90th birthday with a surprise party.
- we took a cruise to canada for a vacation with my parents.
- we had our one year wedding anniversary.
- we celebrated ryan's birthday with an iphone-themed cake.
- we fell in love with our new iphones.
in the fall . . .
- we saw one of the last scranton/wilkes-barre yankees baseball games at pnc field before the stadium undergoes renovations over the next year.
- we started a blog.
- we visited both roba's family farm and quiet valley.
- we found new walking trails to enjoy in our area.
- we took a trip to corning, new york to see the corning museum of glass.
- we worked on perfecting some of our recipes.
- we gave our friend kelly cooking lessons and baking lessons.
- we had a very happy halloween with 170 trick-or-treaters at our door.
- we celebrated my dad's birthday.
- we hosted thanksgiving at our house.
- ryan's brother and sister-in-law came up to visit for thanks-christmas.
toward the end of 2011 . . .
- i attended my first bead bash.
- we threw my mom a surprise hawaiian luau themed 60th birthday party.
- we had a very merry christmas.
i hope everyone had a great 2011!
happy new year!
Wow! It makes me tired! You have had one busy year! I enjoy looking at your blog every day and keeping up with your activities.
What a fun filled year you've had!!!
it sure has been a very busy year!
Post a Comment