let's call this an end-of-the-week check in . . . are we all still here? did we all survive this week?
- i'm not discussing the election, but wow it was exhausting. truth be told, the only thing that got me through this election without going crazy was saturday night live's election skits.
- the nation has been in a weird mood since the election results came out, and i don't blame the nation one bit. i think we're all still trying to figure out how to navigate the hand we've been dealt for the next four years. regardless of our current feelings regarding the country/politics this week, let us not forget that today is veterans day.
- the stomach flu got me good this week. i learned more about the stomach flu in the past few days than i ever cared to learn, and i'm tired of the "b.r.a.t." stomach-flu-approved diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast). i am finally starting to feel a bit better (although the thoughts/sights/smells of most foods are still making me nauseous). all i want is a pizza, but i know my stomach can't handle that just yet. baby steps, laura ann . . . baby steps.
- i still have a large bowl full of apples sitting on my kitchen counter looking at me. i think i have consumed more apples this fall than ever before. i'm running out of creative things to do with the apples, send help!
- in the past 3 weeks, i have seen the chiropractor 3 times. (prior to 3 weeks ago, the last time i saw a chiropractor was 2 decades ago.) after a lot of back-and-forth, i think my misplaced left hip joint is finally back in place and my dislocated right rib cage is back where it is supposed to be. thank goodness for small miracles. dance sure is rough on your body!
- speaking of dance, we're in full christmas show mode. i don't typically like to listen to christmas songs before december 1st, but i have to make an exception when it comes to rehearsing christmas routines for dance.
- most importantly, it's friday and we have very few plans for this weekend. thank heavens, because the next few weekends are really packed.
have a wonderful weekend!
Apples, I can't seem to get enough this year. I am all out of cider and can't wait to get to Ritters to get more. They have the best.
How about making apple butter? I did not make any this year and I missed it.
But I did make applesauce for Thanksgiving and froze it so it would be nice and fresh.
Post a Comment