i can't believe that today is the first day of september already! as soon as september comes it feels like fall is here since september 1st marks the first day of meteorological fall. yet, i always think of labor day weekend as the end of the summer season to me, so i guess i'll be in a summer/fall limbo for the next few days.
since it's september and it's officially fall, i decided to make a seasonal to-do list. i made a summer list back in june, but i'm sad to say that this summer was so crazy that we only crossed off 4 of the 10 things on our list! 40% is pretty sad, so i'm hoping to do better with our fall list. i love the summer (it's my favorite season) but there is something special about the fall season that i love too.
here are a few things on our fall list that we definitely plan on doing this season . . .
1. plant mums in our front yard
2. decorate our house for fall
3. pick apples at our favorite apple orchard
4. visit our local cider mill for fresh cider (and cider doughnuts)
5. take a trip to roba's farm to play in their corn maze
6. grill as much as possible before the weather turns too cold to be outside
7. hike and bike to enjoy the colorful fall foliage
8. make a bunch of apple and pumpkin desserts
9. redecorate one of the rooms in our house
10. paint the outside of our back porch (as soon as the humidity breaks)
what's on your fall list this year?
I am all for the apple picking and the cider and some crisp fall air and some beautiful foliage.
Post a Comment