at the start of each summer i always make a seasonal to-do list. it's helpful for days when we are looking for something fun to do. our list keeps growing each year as we find new things that we want to try, or as we add things that we loved and want to repeat (it's now two pages single spaced). here are a few of the things on our summer list that we hope to do . . .
1. spend time outside biking, hiking, and walking while the weather is nice
2. visit the local farmers market as much as possible
3. make lots of homemade ice cream/sorbet
4. pick fresh fruit at local farms (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and peaches)
5. have a romantic picnic at a local park just for the two of us
6. see a movie at the local drive-in movie theatre (for one price you get to watch two movies back-to-back!)
7. paint the outside of our back porch (a project that has been on our to-do list since we bought our house five years ago)
8. grow fresh basil in our garden box (so that we can enjoy pesto, bruschetta, and caprese salads all summer long)
9. go to the local summer fairs and carnivals
10. visit a few ice cream shoppes that we haven't been to before
what is on your summer list this year?