we're not crazy about how commercial valentine's day has become, so we try to avoid the overpriced flowers and crowded restaurants on february 14th. instead, we would rather keep things simple. we like to make each other hand-made cards and enjoy a quiet relaxing evening at home with homemade dinner and dessert. we had a great day yesterday celebrating valentine's day with each other . . .
- we wore red to work for valentine's day.
- we were thankful for our co-workers who brought festive doughnut holes to work for everyone to share.
- we enjoyed left overs of the heart-shaped cinnamon rolls that we made this past weekend.
- we had a lovely surf and turf dinner at home with stuffed mushrooms and orzo.
- we learned that leko likes lobster very much!
- we made white chocolate raspberry cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crumb crust for dessert using this recipe.
- we cuddled up on the couch with leko to watch the valentine's day episodes of glee and new girl.
- we exchanged homemade valentines with each other.
i hope everyone had a lovely valentine's day!